- 1987 – 1992: Residency in radiology and nuclear medicine
- 1992: Board certified in Radiology
- 1992 – 1994: Fellowship in radiology
CURRENT POSITION: as a Radiologist, I practice in two places, both located in Paris, France:
· Private practice at the Thyroid Imaging and Pathology Clinic, Paris, France (centre for pathology and radiology): specialized thyroid clinic grouping two radiologists, one endocrinologist and two pathologists
· Public practice at the La Pitie-Salpetriere University Hospital, Thyroid and Endocrine Tumors Unit, Paris, France. Praticien attache.
WHAT I DO
· 70% of my time corresponds to clinical practice:
- 5000 US thyroid examinations and 2500 FNAs per year
- RF ablation, ethanol treatments, core-needle biopsies, charcoal tattooing
· 30% of my time is devoted to:
- teaching activities
- clinical research on ultrasound imaging
Prospective evaluation of thyroid imaging reporting and data system on 4550 nodules with and without elastography. Russ G et al. Eur J Endocrinol 2013;168(5): 649-55.
European Thyroid Association Guidelines for Cervical Ultrasound Scan and Ultrasound-Guided Techniques in the Postoperative Management of Patients with thyroid cancer. Leenhardt L, Erdogan MF, Hegedus L, Mandel SJ, Paschke R, Rago T, Russ G. Eur Thyroid J 2013; 2:147-159
European Thyroid Association Guidelines for Ultrasound Malignancy Risk Stratification of Thyroid Nodules in Adults: The EU-TIRADS. Russ G et al. Eur Thyroid J 2017;6:225–237.
· Risk stratification of thyroid nodules: EU-TIRADS
· RF ablation
· Active surveillance of microcarcinomas
The lecture video：0
Symposium 14 Ultrasound Classification of Thyroid Nodules